Industry: Aerospace & Defense•
Not Specified years
Posted 32 days ago
Details: A Software Engineer - job in Rockford area is available through Belcan.
The Software Engineer –For the Composites Division will become part of a development team that develops software dedicated to the design and manufacturing of composite structures for a variety of applications including, but not limited to, aerospace vehicles.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Design, analysis, programming, debugging, and modification of software for composite applications focused with other composite design tools
• Investigate application engineering tasks and prepare design specifications, analysis, and recommendations
• Support the “manufacturing process integration” for composite parts
• Provide customer support for software deployment and maintenance
• Ensure products and services provided by the company meet the highest standards
• Become very knowledgeable of the entire hardware & software infrastructure for automated machine tools and robotics equipment
• Working closely with other departments to meet the division's goals
• BA / BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
• Alternatively: BS degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering with sufficient experience in a software development environment
• Graduate degree is a plus
• Programming knowledge and skills in C++ required
• Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills
• Solid math background with vectors, 3D geometry, transformations, etc.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen or hold a valid green card
• 3D graphics programming
• Image processing / vision applications
• Source Control Systems