A Data Platform Engineer is somebody who mostly works on the “machine scale” side of New Relic - those services and components receiving data from agents, processing it, and storing it.
Data Platform Engineers are not business intelligence analysts or data scientists. Instead, the Data Platform Engineers are often the people who build the systems that are used by BI analysts and data scientists.
The ability to write (debug and operate) extremely high throughput and ultra low latency systems is a must. And, at least at New Relic, the ability to work with Kafka is also a must.
How to know you’re right for this role:
- You are an excellent modern Java programmer
- You’re knowledgeable about modern message services (e.g. Kafka, Kenisis) and modern libraries and frameworks (e.g. Guava, RxJava, Ratpack).
- You have experience with highly concurrent systems and benefits and pitfalls of different concurrency primitives.
- You take testing seriously. Proficiency with unit and integration testing is required.
- You have built and operated high-throughput services for companies that run a 24x7 business.
Not sure if this is you?
If you don’t exactly match the above criteria, but this position speaks to you, go ahead and apply, and tell us in a cover letter what you will bring to the team. We will be looking for what our new team member would add to our team culture.
To get started, click on the link below. To fast track your application, let us know in your cover letter why this job, product, and/or company is of particular interest to you. We look forward to talking!
We're particularly interested in having a diverse team, with a broad set of skills and viewpoints. We'll carefully consider every applicant that takes the time to apply for this specific position.