We have partnered with a large biotechnology company in the South San Francisco, CA area to provide them with a Software Engineer.
Software Engineering plays a key role in our client's approach to rethinking drug development. The team is responsible for the software platform at our company, which covers everything from providing orchestration and workflow software for the automated lab (LIMS, data review/visualization), data pipelines for ingesting data from pharma and research collaborators, bioinformatic pipelines for the genomic datasets, and APIs and tooling for the data science and machine learning teams.
Responsibilities of the Software Engineer:
- Work closely with a cross-functional team of scientists, bioengineers, and data scientists to identify areas where software engineering can make a difference.
- Design, implement, and deploy software systems across broad domains: full stack web development, backend APIs, data warehousing, data and bioinformatic pipelines, cloud infrastructure, data science and machine learning tooling.
- Work as part of a team to rigorously design our software platform, identify key architectural performance improvements and support ongoing discovery and automation platforms.
Requirements for the Software Engineer:
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in computer science, statistics, mathematics, physics, engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- Expertise in one or more general-purpose programming languages (such as Python, Java, Scala, C/C++, or Go)
- Demonstrated ability to write high-quality, production-ready code (readable, well-tested, with well-designed APIs)
- Familiarity with cloud computing services (AWS or GCP)
- Familiarity with relational databases.
- Familiarity with web services and application frameworks (Django, Flask).
- Ability to communicate effectively and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds and job functions
- Proficiency in Linux environment (including shell scripting), experience with database languages (e.g., SQL, No-SQL) and experience with version control practices and tools (Git, Mercurial, etc.)
- Passion for making a difference in the world
Nice to Have:
- Experience with working lab and scientist stakeholders in a health tech or genomics field.
- Experience with medium-sized data sets (100TB+)
- Demonstrated ability to develop novel data engineering methods that go beyond putting together of existing code, and to apply problem-solving skills to complex issues
Benefits of the Software Engineer:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance