What you'll do:
What you’ll do:
Principal’s Enterprise Data and Applications team is looking for a Software Engineer to help us implement Salesforce enterprise capabilities. You’ll be joining our Salesforce Ecosystem team that provides infrastructure support for Salesforce at an enterprise level. In this role, you’ll use your Salesforce knowledge to help support and implement the infrastructure capabilities needed by multiple business partners across the organization.
**We will consider completely remote candidates for this role**
As a Software Engineer on our team, you will:
- Focus on Salesforce Apex development and Salesforce system administration, cloud-based implementations, operational support and working in an Agile/SAFe environment to meet our business partner’s needs.
- Develop and maintain Salesforce configurations and manage users, profiles and roles.
- Manage Salesforce releases by understanding impact of new features on existing configurations, performing testing and keeping business areas informed of upcoming changes.
- Contribute to designs or offering solutions for simple to complex technical implementations.
This position is also a great way to advance your career. As a growing company with over 14,000 employees around the world, Principal offers a lot of ways for you to learn more, earn more and achieve more. That’s one reason Principal has been on Computerworld’s list of 100 Best Places to Work in IT for 19 straight years.
What you'll get from us:
- Competitive pay, benefits, perks and more. We’ll reward you for the skills and experience you have. Find out more.
- Respect for your unique perspective. Diversity, inclusion and empowerment are at the core of our culture.
- A career, not just a job. Principal is a place where you can learn and innovate. Do important work. Make an impact. And achieve your professional goals.
- The ability to have a great job and a great life. Sure, work is important. But so is your family. And your friends. And your community. That’s why we provide the flexibility needed to find the right balance between your job and the rest of your life.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Associate's or bachelor's degree in a computer science, technology, engineering or math (STEM) related field or equivalent experience (6 years of experience equates to an Associate’s degree when defining equivalent work experience).
- 3+ years Salesforce development experience (Apex, Trigger Framework and Lightning components).
Core competencies for success:
- Strong analysis skills with the ability to identify root cause and propose solutions.
- Experience mentoring and informal leadership of others - helping foster a collaborative team setting.
- Focuses on continuous improvement in solutions and as individuals.
- Demonstrates the ability to accept and adapt to a changing environment and changing priorities.
- Experience working in an Agile environment preferred.
- Ability to provide rotational on call support.