As a Software Engineer you will drive the implementation of Salesforce.com and its utilization across the organization. Primary duties include working with the Salesforce.com Product Managers, Architects and other business stakeholders to understand their requirements, to propose solutions that meet their needs and, to implement end-to-end solutions. On a daily basis, the Salesforce.com Engineer will contribute to an SDLC that responds to questions or issues from users throughout the company. Engineers will resolve technical and functional support issues, develop scripts, manage data loads, review data quality and train othertechnology personnel and Salesforce.com Product Managers/Administrators in the business lines on new features and functionality.
- Manage the technical aspects of Salesforce.com, including the customer portal, custom integrations and applications.
- Maintain the functional areas of data management, monitor end-user usage and security and ensure data integrity across all systems.
- Implement feature sets using standard and custom objects, workflows, triggers, user roles, security, profiles, workflow rules, email alerts and templates, and campaigns.
- Develop and maintain Visualforce, Apex, and Integration tools to other third party solutions
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades for optimal performance
- Identify usage and data problems and craft technical / communication plans to remedy.
- Support and train new end users on Salesforce.com applications
- Participate in cross-functional teams that address strategic business issues involving but not limited to CRM, Marketing, Finance and Sales Operations
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent required, MS in Computer Science/Engineering a plus
- Background in server-side web application development.
- Solid understanding of the MVC design pattern.
- Strong understanding of REST architecture, working knowledge of SOAP
- 1-3 years of active development experience on Force.com platform utilizing Apex, Visualforce and SOQL.
- Working knowledge of Asynchronous, Batch, Scheduled and Dynamic flavors of Apex
- Understanding of REST architecture and the ability to implement REST services on the Force.com platform.
- Exposure to Lightning components or modern JS component-based frameworks
- The successful candidate will have strong technical, analytical, time management, training, and presentations skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities effectively in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to recognize problems, gather data, draw valid conclusions, and effectively present information to managers, peers, and customers
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people; strong communication skills, both written and oral.