This is a great opportunity to have a massive impact: join the world-class team combining two of the top private sale e-commerce destinations, Gilt and Rue La La. As a Senior Software Engineer, you are directly involved in transforming our user experience to drive $1B annual sales and in delighting 35M+ members.
The ideal candidate, on the top of championing on delivering high quality features, will actively contribute to knowledge dissemination within the organization, onboarding of new employees, mentor teammates, and actively learn everyday.
JOINING US, YOU WILL...
- As a hands-on engineer work closely with our team of software engineers and product managers to quickly iterate on features to deliver immediate customer value
- Develop robust, stable, scalable software for high-volume applications
- Raise your bar and ours with high engineering standards and bring consistency to the many codebases and processes you will encounter
- Collaborate within agile, multi-discipline teams to understand customer and business scenarios as well as plan, design, and deliver features into production
- Explore a variety of career tracks for professional development
- Work independently to complete complex development tasks and actively contribute to code reviews
- Be a part of future development for our consumer facing, ecommerce website
- Develop a deep understanding of the team’s product roadmap and have the opportunity to suggest new features
- Negotiate with and manage technical stakeholders as you develop applications
- Aid in the onboarding of new developers
- Contribute to high-level estimation and participate in laying out the development plan, challenging the product roadmap, and identifying areas where technical debt can be reduced or avoided
- Decide how to best build core systems to take advantage of cloud native architecture
BEFORE JOINING US, YOU WILL HAVE HAD...
- Experience with web service technologies such as REST
- Solid foundation in software engineering practices, design patterns, and algorithms
- Experience with modern objected-oriented development, dynamic language preferred
- Passion for new technologies and making a direct user impact
- The ability to bring leading industry techniques and technologies to the table
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise
- Thrived in a full-stack web development environment
- Utilized cloud providers such as AWS or Google Cloud
- A passion for writing maintainable, scalable, well-tested code
- Built scalable RESTful APIs using frameworks such as Django, Flask, Rails, ExpressJS
- Experience building single page applications utilizing frameworks such as React, Angular, or Vue
- An interest in working on containerized services with Docker
Technologies, tools and languages include: Python, JS/TS, Django, Django Rest Framework (new, not used in many places), Elastic Search, MySQL, Redis, NGINX, Akamai, AWS, Marionette ("legacy" but still maintained and added to), and React