Aerospace / Defense
Title: Software Engineer
Location: Richardson, TX
The group is looking for a candidate with the desire to be part of a dedicated team responsible for design, development, integration, test, and deployment activities associated with an existing ground radio communication system. Voice switching services within the system allow radio operators to individually support two way voice and data communications with mobile and other fixed radio platforms worldwide. The management system is based on a custom software application utilizing multiple databases to control and manage a variety of HF radio, antenna, and peripheral components using serial and Ethernet data protocols. The primary control network is a TCP/IP computer network using commercially available IP routers and Microsoft Windows servers and workstations within a single Active Directory Domain to host the control application. The system is globally distributed and operates 24 hours per day, 365 days per year.
Primary responsibilities will focus on addressing security vulnerabilities found through the use of static code analysis tools and remedying other software discrepancies. The candidate should be self-motivated and willing to work in a fast paced environment as part of a dynamic software development team.
Duties will include:
• Analyzing and correcting software discrepancies in a legacy code base
• Developing code using configuration management and issue tracking systems (SVN, JIRA)
• Documenting remediation issues
• Participating in peer reviews
• Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline (Software Engineering or Computer Science preferred)
• Recent experience (within past three years) C/C++ software development in Microsoft Visual Studio 2013+
• Experience with Fortify, Coverity or other static code analysis tools
• Proficient in secure coding best practices
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Familiarity with Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Application Security and Development Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG)
• Knowledge of Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) and Common Weakness Enumeration (CWE)
Candidates must be adaptable to change, determined to accomplish tasks based on program schedule, collaborate with teammates in order to make the best decisions, be self-motivated and contribute to a positive work environment.