Next Century Corporation is seeking innovative Software Engineers to join our stellar team in Reston, VA! These positions provide the opportunity to play a key role in supporting a mission-critical legacy application within the intelligence community.
To be successful you will need:
- An active TS/SCI with polygraph clearance
- B.S. or B.A. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Security, Data Science, or a related Information Technology discipline
- Expertise in the full software development life-cycle. This includes development, deployment, testing, and monitoring
- Demonstrated professional experience developing and interfacing with APIs, particularly REST APIs using AJAX
- Experience developing web applications
- Expertise in authoring and consuming Web Services
- Expertise utilizing RMDB and NoSQL capabilities
- User Experience Design experience -to include Visual Design
- Expertise in open source technologies and experience in pulling together multiple open source modules to satisfy a system requirement
- Expertise deploying utilizing containerization (e.g. Docker)
- Demonstrated professional experience developing software solutions within an Agile environment
Desired qualifications, but not required:
- SOLR and/or ElasticSearch
About Next Century
We were founded as a direct result of the 9/11 attacks and provide solutions that integrate situational awareness, at a glance analysis, decision support, collaboration, and other core capabilities utilizing our expertise in data visualization, user interface design, GIS, image exploitation, and mobile computing.
Who We Are Seeking
At Next Century, we are committed to growing our team of high performers to accomplish our mission of saving lives and protecting our country. We are not a body shop; we avoid staff augmentation, and we are totally committed to excellence in all that we do. Joining our team is not just a position, but a journey with a team of world-class software engineers who share a passion for using their skills and experience to make a difference.
We are seeking those who hold these traits and beliefs:
- Are passionate about protecting our country and saving lives
- Desire and commitment to continual improvement, on a journey to high performance
- Ability to work closely with end users to identify the most critical information
- Exhibit passion for learning and curiosity of the world
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.