Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure.
Engility is seeking a talented secret cleared (or clearable) Software Engineer Researcher experienced in Robot Operating Systems to join our team in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD!
In this position you will be supporting the U.S. Army Research Laboratory's Vehicle Technology Directorate (VTD). The ARL-VTD is the principal U.S. Army organization responsible for the pursuit of mobility-related science and technologies leading to advanced capabilities and improved reliability for Army air and ground vehicles.
In this role you will perform research and developmental activities focusing on creating and developing software to support autonomous systems research.You will enhance existing software for particular applications, troubleshoot software in laboratory and field environments to support technology shakeouts. You will participate in experiments to conduct data collection with respect to software functionality. You will also integrate and convert researcher’s software to be compatible with robotic testbed platforms. Perform system software exercises within modeling and simulation environments and perform software and hardware configurations. You will manage data sets to support software development. You will provide subject matter expert (SME) expertise on software development and coordinate technical and remote site activities. You will prepare technical and program briefings as well as participate within the organization at all levels for both internal and external research related projects or programs. You will provide weekly reports on findings in accordance with this tasking and documentation as required.
- Must be able to obtain an interim secret security clearance prior to starting which requires US citizenship based on contract requirements from the Government.
- Engineering or Computer Science Bachelor’s Degree
- Five (5) years of laboratory research experience relating to development of software for applications related to robotics technologies or similar technologies, to include, design, troubleshooting, and repair of software; advanced degree may be considered in lieu of experience on a case-by-case basis
- Hands on experience with Robot Operating System (ROS) and MatLab to support researchers in integrating algorithms developed with these tools
- C++ programming skills
- Ability to develop and test software under Linux OS
- Knowledge of common software libraries and tools, including but not limited to Open Source Computer Vision (OpenCV), Open Graphics Library (OpenGL), and QT for sensor data processing and interpretation
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and fix real time software based on analyzing integrated system behavior
- Ability to develop and execute software and system test procedures in the laboratory and in the field
- Demonstrated ability to design and maintain a modular software repository
- Current and active secret security clearance is preferred
Requisition ID 2017-38191