Software Engineer - Real Time Storage Group
Who We Are:
Twitter’s globally distributed, real-time communications network generates trillions of events and petabytes of data per day. To handle this scale, As engineers on our Real Time Storage Group, we build world class distributed databases, caching, and messaging infrastructure.
What You’ll Do:
- Real Time Storage Group- We are building Manhattan, our real-time, multi-tenant distributed database for Twitter scale. Distributed in-memory storage solutions that offer low latency and high throughput at Twitter scale.
- Cache- We are the team that builds a large scale distributed caching system for Twitter.
- Operating our own systems at hyper growth levels is a rewarding challenge, it is what helps make us great. We are a tight knit and passionate group that loves working together, and we are looking for exceptional additions to our flock. You will empower dozens of engineering teams, hundreds of co-workers, and millions of users to dream of new insights and new possibilities.
Who You Are:
You enjoy new challenges and are passionate about continually pushing the envelope of scale. You take satisfaction in building resilient, high-performance, and thoroughly tested systems that can power the most business-critical applications. You want to learn, work with, and contribute to cutting-edge open-source technologies.
The ideal candidate has experience with distributed storage systems such as Cassandra, HBase, MongoDB or MegaStore, BigTable or experience with messaging technologies such as Kafka, Zookeeper, Memcached or Redis and actively makes contributions to open-source software.
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation).
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with Java, Scala, C, C++, or another modern systems language.