Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
The goal of the Quantum AI team at Google is to build a universal quantum computer. The focus of our hardware team is to improve the quality and quantity of the quantum bits (qubits) in our quantum processors, and to build control hardware and software for operating these quantum processors. We are also building a robust backend to provide access to our quantum devices to researchers around the world.
Quantum computers will enable truly revolutionary advances in computational capability; we work to turn laboratory demonstrations into large-scale, practically-useful engineered quantum systems.
There is always more information out there, and the Research and Machine Intelligence team has a never-ending quest to find it and make it accessible. We're constantly refining our signature search engine to provide better results, and developing offerings like Google Instant, Google Voice Search and Google Image Search to make it faster and more engaging. We're providing users around the world with great search results every day, but at Google, great just isn't good enough. We're just getting started.
- Develop full-stack control software for a quantum computer, from user-facing code for describing quantum algorithms, to hardware interface code for custom FPGA control hardware.
- Collaborate with researchers and engineers to design and implement software tools for quantum computing experiments.
- Build robust backend components for a quantum cloud service.
- Develop scalable, reliable, maintainable, and extensible software solutions for real-world, large-scale problems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of relevant work experience, including software development experience.
- Experience coding in Python, C/C++, or Java.
- Experience with concurrency, multithreading and synchronization.
- PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Experience programming in a typesafe language such as Scala or Rust.
- Experience with high-performance systems engineering.
- Familiarity with FPGA programming in verilog.
- Knowledge of signal processing.