The PayPal Global Operations team is looking for a self-motivated strong Java Test engineer in Quality Engineering organization to certify applications before deployment. This is a leadership role that will drive designing and developing quality organization's next generation of test automation tools and deploying test automation solutions to certify customer experience and deliver quality product.
We are looking for strong technologists who are passionate to solve large scale highly complex computer engineering problems, in a repeatable and maintainable way. You will build strong competencies in data structures and algorithms, along with a technical fascination for how everything ties together.
- Driven by intellectual curiosity to understand both the why and the how of software you work on.
- Understand and analyze the product requirements, e2e architecture, create test strategy & test plan, and identify deliverables
- Participates in technical design sessions and writing technical design documents.
- Contribute to and build tools, frameworks, and other infrastructure needed to support automation.
- Design, code, and implement automated tests in Java.
- Design and implementation of automation frameworks.
- Create, maintain, and execute functional, regression, and exploratory tests.
- Work closely with cross functional teams – architects, PD and product in understanding the requirements for writing and running tests in test environment.
- Report defects in a timely fashion and work with the Development team to manage defects until issues are resolved.
- Provide test case coverage and defect metrics to substantiate release decisions.
- Proactively create test cases for the known defects and integrate them into the test suite.
- Proactively solve problems and suggest process improvements.
- Assist in on-going process improvement efforts related to Quality.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a fast-paced software industry with Quality engineering mindset
- Hands on development experience in Java and Node JS with knowledge Java best practices.
- Experience with the Maven build tool.
- Oracle/SQL experience in Linux environment.
- Experience in XML, Selenium and TestNG is a plus.
- Knowledge of Github.
- Understanding of end to end system architecture is a must
- Understanding of Continuous Delivery concepts.
- Passionate about software quality; want to make a difference.
- Excellent problem solving skills and come up with innovative solution.
- Excellent presentation and written skills.
- Strong understanding of business and technical vision.
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. MS/MBA degree or related experiencepreferred.
- 7+ years’ experience in software or automation development.
- Experience leading delivery of web applications, or highly distributed software systems in enterprise environments
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.