Software Engineer Our employees tell us they love working for a global organization focused on collaboration, teamwork and customer outcomes. Since 1979, QAD has provided solutions and services for customers in the automotive, consumer products, food and beverage, high technology, industrial and life sciences industries so they can better align daily operations with their strategic goals. We offer an amazing culture and comprehensive suite of health and wellness benefits so that employees can focus on helping customers reach our vision for them: the Effective Enterprise. As the Software Engineer, you will work within a development team to help build new software and build enhancements to existing QAD software products. As a development team member analyzes, designs, develops, tests, troubleshoots and debugs software applications. Works with team members to ensure quality through agile software development practices and continuous improvement. Participates in creation and execution of automated unit tests, functional tests, integration tests, and install tests. Works closely with stakeholders to ensure the sound development and implementation of QAD’s software solutions. Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Analyze, develop, enhance and maintain QAD software applications and tools. Includes creation of test plans, design specification, development and unit testing of source code, schema design, prototyping and documentation.
- Perform analysis to define requirements for new features or modifications including affected programs, expected behavior, related document changes and test scenarios.
- Document technical white papers and prepare product training materials.
- Provide service and support to early adopter customers, support other QAD teams and troubleshoot and solve escalated customer issues.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or related field.
- 1 - 3+ years professional software development experience, including 1+ years of web-based application development/design
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming in a statically typed language, such as Java, C#, or C++
- Experience with Xunit testing frameworks.
- Progress coding experience a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation