What We Do:
While our team charter is well-defined, we still have an enormous diversity of tasks, spanning many technologies and languages.
Some of the things you’d be doing with us:
- Delighting our customers by adding instrumentation support for their favorite framework
- Collaborating with the other language-specific agent teams to build common agent features
- Pairing and reviewing each other’s code to ensure quality and increase team ownership
- Unit testing, integration testing, performance testing, cross-agent testing
- Shipping incrementally and often, helping the team to maintain a constant flow of feedback on its work
- Hosting our build and test infrastructure
- Helping our Support team with especially tricky customer issues
- Owning the team’s processes, and working continuously and collaboratively to improve it
- Accountability: We love solving customer problems, and we take pride in creating great solutions. We’re proactive, and we always follow through.
- Attention to detail: We do excellent work, every time. We help each other strive for this excellence.
- Collaboration: We work closely together and pair often. It’s a great way of sharing information and ensuring quality. We help those around us to succeed at their jobs.
- Strong Communication: Being an autonomous team in a larger organization, with all teams working well together, requires strong communication. We write proposals, specs, and retrospectives. We give talks, and we demo the work we are doing.
- 2-5 years of developing and debugging backend applications in Python or Node.
- Experience working in a software development team, preferably in an Agile environment.
- Experience working in a shared codebase with other engineers.
- Understanding and experience with asynchronous programming.
- Any experience with AWS Lambda would be a plus.