As a Software Engineer working in Python at OnDeck, you will:
- Productionize Machine Learning models written in Python and R
- Build tools to enable data scientists to back test and prototype new models and policies offline
- Build a framework that enables data scientists to A/B test different models and credit policies in real time
- Evolve and refactor our code base to scale to multiple countries and business partners
- Write unit and functional tests to ensure that our deployments work as expected
- New products: Supporting OnDeck's new products/offerings in an automated manner for decisioning
Qualifications for success
- You have 2+ years of professional experience in an OO language (Python, Java) & related technologies, Databases (SQL & NoSQL), XML/JSON data wrangling & testing frameworks
- You have experience designing flexible & reusable software
- You are passionate about technology and have a craftsman mindset toward building great software
- You practice XP practices like Code reviews & Continuous Integration
- Experience with platform development in multiple languages is a plus
- You are comfortable working in an agile development environment
- You are a quick learner & can easily pick up new technologies & dive deep into them
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- You are a team-player helping the team write awesome software
What we offer you:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life benefits from day one.
- Paid/flexible sick-leave, vacations, and holidays so you can take off the time that you need when you need.
- Up to four months paid parental leave for all new parents. Adoption assistance with reimbursement of up to $5K. We want you to have time to bond with your new bundle of joy.
- We’ll match your 401(k) contributions and offer a discount through our Employee Stock Purchase Plan. All to complement your personal financial strategy.
- We want to help advance your career. Take classes relevant to your job and the first $5K is on us.
- Enjoy our annual company summer party, holiday party and department quarterly outings.
- Our partnership with SoFi gives you access to student loan refinancing, personal loans and even mortgages.
- We work hard, we play hard. Build or join an OnDeck intramural club, group, and/or sports team and be part of our OnDeck Community.
- Fully stocked kitchens with free snacks & drinks.
OnDeck Stats & In the News:
- In 2015, OnDeck & JP Morgan Chase partner to offer small business loans, named the biggest deal in the history of marketplace lending
- Our first $3 billion in loans led to 74,000 jobs and $11 Billion in U.S. economic impact.
- On December 17, 2014 OnDeck rings in the biggest NYC tech IPO since 1999
- OnDeck was New York’s largest VC-backed tech exit ever
Awards we've received:
- com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014