Tyler Technologies is looking for a talented Software Engineer to join our public safety product development team. The engineer will be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of mission critical software applications used by 911 dispatchers and police officers. Our ideal candidate will have a depth of knowledge and skills in software design and development using Microsoft .NET platform technologies. The engineer will have opportunity to work in highly collaborative teams that follow Agile practices and bring new ideas and creative thinking to our team.
The New World Public Safety solution encompasses our police and fire computer-aided dispatch (CAD), mobile units, inspections, and field reporting as well as the supporting back office police, fire, and corrections records. This essential product line for police and fire departments across the United States is used to effectively dispatch units and make them more efficient in their daily job functions.
- Be involved through the entire lifecycle of analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation and support
- Maintain existing code and develop new applications within the product suite
- Follow the development practices of the public safety product teams, including test driven development
- Ensure on-going success of projects by designing high-quality technical solutions
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and software architects to solve complex technical problems
- Continually grow personal skillset and knowledge base with independent research
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience in designing and programming applications
- 2+ years of object-oriented design experience
- 2+ years of C# development experience with a good knowledge of its ecosystem
- Familiarity with the .NET framework, multi-threaded and asynchronous programming models
- Strong communication skills especially around technical team interaction
- Ability to adapt and learn new technologies quickly and proactively
Requisition Number: 8018053-1