As a software engineer at Altarum, you will have the opportunity to make important software and web development contributions to multiple healthcare projects such as java based web applications for public health, clinical decision support tools, EHR integration, and mobile applications. You'll report to a Center Director, and work in an Agile environment alongside a team of Software Developers, Business Analysts, and Public Health Analysts in our Portland, ME office. This position will also work closely with colleagues at our national headquarters in Ann Arbor, MI.
Currently, we are looking for full-stack java developers who are experienced in Java, Spring, Hiberate, Angular 2, Oracle, XML, JSON, and XSLT.
- UX/UI development
- Integration / interface work using XML and FHIR
- Optimize the web front end for maximum speed and scalability
- While maintaining current production code, you must demonstrate a willingness to step into new roles and learn new technologies quickly
- Be innovative and share ideas as we evaluate new or alternative data processing techniques to determine their usefulness in meeting project needs and deadlines
- BS or MS degree in computer science; 2+ years of experience working on Java applications, strong knowledge of Object Orientated Programming, and experience with multiple databases.
- Enjoy working with a dynamic team, flexible and possess a good foundation of software development skills.
- Experience working with database, Java, Responsive design, Cross-browser, cross-platform, cross-device functionality other web technologies like PHP, ASP, VB, JSP, etc.) is highly desired
- Experience with design and implementation of sites, workflows and dashboards
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and a quick learner. You should have a broad base of software development experience, and be interested in continuing to grow technically via hands on experience and learning