Description of Position:
- Develops, maintains and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements.
- Works individually and as part of a team.
- Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
- Resolves software problem reports.
- Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of COTS/GOTS in place of new development and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- Provides technical direction of one or more software development teams and ensures the work is com pleted in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project.
- Designs or implements complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints.
- Responsi ble for ensuring quality control on team products.
- Confers with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Coordinates software system installation and monitors equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met. Implements recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards.
Education and Experience Required:
- Fourteen (14) years of experience in software development including experience as a team lead development team
- Six (6) years of experience in programming Java 2 Standard Edition (J 2SE) programming XML, Visual Basic Suite including Visual Source Safe, J Builder, Windows Development Environment and Windows Client.
- Three (3) years of software engineering supporting development of FPGAs and/or development of direction finding geolocation algorithms.
- One (1) year of experience di rectly supporting the intelligence community or a signals intelligence activity.
- Education and training that is commensurate with a Bachelor's degree. In lieu of the Bachelor's degree, an additional four (4) years of software development experience for a total of eighteen (18) years may be substituted.