Title of Position: Tactical Exploitation Solutions Support
Description of Position:
- Develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements.
- Works individually or as part of a team.
- Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
- Resolves software problem reports.
- Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements.
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new feaetures.
Design and develop high performance application frameworks and software for high speed protocol identification and processing applications using C++, Java, Python, Ruby and Perl in LINUX/UNIX environment.
Define and implement data formatting and interface specifications.
Participate in and/or lead all phases of development including requirements definition, software design, development, source code configuration, managing and tracking source code changes, defining and managing software system configurations and deployment support.
Develop scripts to support coding, unit testing, configuration, remote installation and maintenance needs in Perl, Shell (C, Bash).
Develop and execute unit testing using CppUnit and Junit, develop automated build and software test scripts and applications.
Define and execute end-to-end software system tests. Coordinate application updates/installation with appropriate security, database and system administrators and remote site POCs.
Plan and conduct development, integration and unit testing; support end-to-end system testing.
Monitor production system to verify operations and modify as needed following change management procedures.
Develop and maintain project related documentation to include development of software design diagrams in standard design notation such as UML, and complete software documentation.
Participate in and/or lead design and code reviews.
Document, analyze and resolve software discrepancies.
Define and configure development environment.
Perform installation and maintenance of fielded systems and support backup services to deployed systems and data.
Provide technical support to customers and coordinate with cross organizational stakeholders.
- Oversees one or more software development teams and ensure the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints;
- Perform quality control on team products
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Seven (7) years experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Three (3)+ years experience working with or developing software in a LINUX environment
- Experience in developing data analytics
- One (1) year of demonstrated experience for the items described below:
- Knowledge of CM tools
- Ability to do scripting
- Web services implementation
- CASE tools
- C++ or C