The Professional Services Software Engineer is responsible for the analysis, development, coding and testing of batch and interactive programs and systems within established standards and security procedures as determined by client demand. The Engineer has specific client software coding and revenue goals to meet on a predetermined timeline.
- Design, write and test new programs that meet specifications determined by the client and/or a Tyler Business Analyst.
- Research requests to resolve program problems and recommend and develop revised program code.
- Modify existing programs to meet new or revised specifications or correct program performance.
- Assure program, module and system integrity through thorough testing and adherence to company standards and procedures.
- Design and develop custom utilities for the purpose of altering Tyler data per specific client requirements.
- Interact and collaborate with field personnel such as Implementation and Consulting to ensure proper and timely delivery of program and data utility services to clients.
- Develop specifications for review, and create programs for testing and in-house or client use, with the goal of meeting or exceeding client requirements.
- Provide technical and programming skills and abilities in multiple Tyler application modules.
- Assist Professional Services in making its team revenue goal by meeting the individual developer revenue goal.
- Design, develop and deliver custom SSRS reports for Tyler Clients when appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or business administration, or comparable business experience.
- Five or more year’s experience with software analysis and development; this position requires the technical aptitude of a programmer along with strong analytical skills.
- Software development experience with existing Tyler applications.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and adherence to company and department policies.
- Excellent problem solving and project management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a fast-paced, technical environment.
Requisition Number: 45-18-907