$80K — $100K *
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.Northrop Grumman Space Launch and Missile Defense Systems are seeking Software Engineers/Principal Software Engineers to join our Space Sector located in Huntsville, AL.What You'll get to Do - Participate in the entire lifecycle of software development from requirements definition to integration & deployment - Apply "systems thinking" to ensure our products are scalable, maintainable, and meet end-user needs
- Communicate openly and effectively with teammates and customer representatives
- Experience developing software in object-oriented programming languages such as Java, C++, C#, or Ada. - Ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance. - Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with technical teams. - Ability to prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish project results. - Experience analyzing complex problems and developing solutions.
This requisition may be filled at either a Software Engineer or Principal Software Engineer level
- Software Engineers require a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience with a Bachelors' of Science in a STEM-related field (preferred); 0 with a Masters .
- Sr. Principal Software Engineers require a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience with a Bachelors' of Science STEM-related field (preferred); 3 years with a Masters
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Experience with the Missile Defense and Sense & Warn based systems.
- Experience with international sensors and fire control systems.
- Development utilizing a Linux based development environment.
- Knowledge of various scriptinglanguages and tools: Python, MATLAB, etc.
- Experience working on CMMI Level 3+ programs
- Familiarity with Agile software development practices.
- Proven communications skills with armed services & government customer.
- Active Secret (or above) Security Clearance.
- Sec+ Certification
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- Flexible Work Arrangements
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Valid through: 4/19/2021