Here are few examples of the kinds of things you'll do:
- Develop and automate workflow capabilities for internal users
- Optimize user experience for internal applications
- Engineer systems to grow functionality and profitability
This position is also a great way to advance your career. As a growing company with over 14,000 employees around the world, Principal offers a lot of ways for you to learn more, earn more and achieve more. That's one reason Principal has been on Computerworld's list of 100 Best Places to Work in IT for 17 straight years.
What you'll get from us:
- Competitive pay, benefits, perks and more. We'll reward you for the skills and experience you bring to the table. Find out more.
- A great place to live, work and play. Greater Des Moines is one of the fastest-growing metro areas in the country. Given its vibrant and welcoming culture, it's no wonder Des Moines has garnered so much national recognition—including #1 Best Affordable Place to Live (U.S. News & World Report, 2017).
- Respect for your unique perspective. Diversity, inclusion and empowerment are at the core of our culture.
- A career, not just a job. Principal is a place where you can learn and innovate. Do important work. Make an impact. And achieve your professional goals.
- The ability to have a great job and a great life. Sure, work is important. But so is your family. And your friends. And your community. That's why we provide the flexibility you need to find the right balance between your job and the rest of your life.
For entry level candidates, we are looking for someone with a science, technology, engineering, or math (STEM) degree and one of the following:
- strong classroom experience articulating your software development skills, or
- an internship or work exposure with heavy experience working in the software development space
For experienced candidates, we are looking for either:
- someone with 1+ years of professional software development experience (in this case, an Associate's or Bachelor's degree in a STEM related field would suffice
- strongest candidates will have a STEM-related degree and 2+ years of professional full-stack Java development experience and exposure to many of the "preferred" skills listed below
We would also consider a candidate who went through an intensive Code Academy or Code School program. But, you would have to also have the following:
- An Associate's or Bachelor's degree
- strong academic/personal experience articulating your software development experience/expertise
Additional preferred technical experience:
- Experience with IBM Business Process Manager (BPM) or IBM Business Automation Workflow (BAW)
- Java experience
- Web Application and Web Service development experience
- Experience integrating and extending vendor software applications
- Experience utilizing test automation concepts and tools
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery concepts and tools
- Experience working with an Agile mindset