The Compliance team is a highly technical group responsible for designing and building innovative compliance solutions and integrations. Our products ensure Chef customers can easily achieve continuous compliance across the spectrum of operating systems, applications, databases, clouds and container-based environments.
What you'll do:
- Build integrations for our scanning and remediation offerings with new and existing infrastructure providers such as AWS/Azure/GCP and other clouds such as AliCloud/IBM Cloud/Oracle Cloud etc.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of compliance scanning and remediation profiles created for InSpec
- Contribute to the development of the Chef Compliance Cloud product.
- Work on issues and drive improvements to our compliance offerings that are critical to the success of Chef’s customers and the broader Chef community
Who you are (Our ideal candidate will have some or all of these qualifications):
- You’ll have software development skills, with experience in Ruby, Python, or Java
- Expertise with Linux and Windows operations and networking
- You are comfortable with frameworks and can demonstrate deep knowledge in at least one technology stack
- Previous experience (4+ years) as a software engineer in a cloud environment, hands on experience developing or migrating or managing Cloud infra – AWS/Azure/GCP or other clouds like IBM/Oracle/AliCloud.
- Optional - Experience with Chef Ecosystem - Chef Compliance Inspec and/or Chef Automate
- Desirable - Experience with test automation engineer or devops engineer will help with understanding the dev-sec-ops space and Inspec product
- Desirable – Understanding/Experience of Information Security / Network security
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science or related discipline