At StubHub, our mission is to bring the joy of live to fans globally. We’re the world's largest ticket marketplace, and we make sure that the events where you want to be are never sold out.
At StubHub, we are:
Owners – We carry the ball. We act as one team, in it together. We live above the line as optimists and with a solution mindset. We are fully accountable for solving problems, both our own pieces and the whole.
Fan First – We are the fans’ biggest fan. We are the fan and the voice of our fans in everything we do.
Driven – We push past the finish line, aggressively prioritize and focus on what matters most. We debate, decide, commit and deliver.
Inventive – We play a new chord; we celebrate progress over perfection and learnings as much as success. We’re agile because there is always more than one way.
Courageous – We take big swings. We show up for challenges with resilience and persistence. We take risks, embrace failure as a path to learning, and speak up when we have a different opinion.
Diverse & Inclusive – We harmonize. We assume positive intent, trust and empower others; bring a global mindset and seek out alternative viewpoints.
LOCATION: The role is based in San Francisco and reports to the Manager for Pricing and Promotions
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build and design technical solutions that address complex pricing engine to power order lifecycle of 500M tickets and allow 43M customers to price their tickets using Microservices architecture in GCP and on-prem
- Work with current pricing-platform which calls 15 other services to calculate such prices
- Dynamically change prices based on business rule-engines such as iLog
- Help run campaigns for promotions for the entire site, specific events and/or genre through APIs
- Help bulk creation of promotional codes for customers to redeem
- Work to integrate with third-party gift cards vendors such as TDS, BlackHawk that can be redeemed on the app
- Work with the product team to launch new features and implement new capabilities.
- Tests end-to-end from development to production.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Back-End Experience: 3+ years of experience as a software developer, working on mostly back-end features. Java, SQL, or React (Front-end) experience a plus
- Demonstrated experience in design and implementation of any one of these cross-cutting functions: Data Streaming, Experimentation, Rules Engine
- Working experience with any of these: Kafka, Zookeeper, Event Sourcing
- Demonstrated experience building Microservices. Experience with performance tuning and analysis tools.
- Prior development experience with GCP and/or other cloud providers
- Experience with third-party APIs: you’ve successfully built solutions with services from companies TDS -- Gift Card, Optimizely
- Participate in multi-person and multi-team technical projects from initial design to national launch, identifying pitfalls and incorporating user feedback along the way
- Collaborate with your teammates by reviewing code, writing documentation, refining best practices, and helping our team ship high-quality features