Founded in 2013, our client provides real-estate investment managers (sponsors) a scalable platform for growing and managing a large investor base. We are transforming real-estate investing by creating universally accessible, transparent, and efficient markets. While our competitors are positioning themselves as online versions of institutional funding, we?re the only major provider delivering a comprehensive online funding and investor management solution. Our client?s platform extends beyond the fundraising of a deal to cultivating and growing lifetime value for the sponsor through the building, managing and expanding ongoing investor relationships.
To support their rapid growth, our client is hiring a Software Engineer who has experience developing scalable, high-performance and secure modern web applications. They're iterating rapidly, and need someone with strong debugging skills and experience working in Agile teams who can quickly adapt to changes from customer input and strategic opportunities.
What You'll Be Doing
As a Software Engineer, you?ll be a key part of their team, collaborating on a scalable next-generation platform. Working where design meets code, you?ll bring your passion for user experience to writing clean, compatible, powerful user interface code with speed and an awareness of separation of concerns for backend microservices. You?ll add features, help identify and resolve web performance and scalability problems, and develop functionality that will enable investors to evaluate investment opportunities, complete an online investment transaction workflow, build a real estate portfolio, track investment performance and chart returns.
Our Tech Stack
What We Must Have
- 4+ years experience as a software engineer building modern web applications w/ an agile development process.
- Experience in ReactJS (with nice to have experience w/ AngularJS) in building SPAs from the ground up, including ES6 / ES7 / ES8 and packaging tools (e.g. Gulp, Babel, Webpack). Good knowledge of CSS frameworks i.e. Bootstrap and/or Google Material Design.
- Good knowledge in building REST API endpoints using Java 8 (w/ Tomcat, JBoss, Grizzly or Netty as a server container).
- Data Modeling and query optimization w/ SQL (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB, dynamodb, HBase, Cassandra) data stores.
- Experiencewith Git, GitHub, GitLab, BitBucket or Stash.
- You know jQuery but know why it?s insufficient.
Not Required, But Nice to Have
- Python / Django (REST, Templates, ORM) scripting and/or application development.
- Nodejs application development and deployment.
- AWS (i.e., ELB, Elastic Beanstalk, SQS, RDS PostgreSQL).
- Freemarker (templating)
- Knowledge of security best practices in building web applications
Our client is located in the heart of downtown Portland just a block from Pioneer Square, they are proud of their cool, open and collaborative environment. Along with great benefits, a fully stocked kitchen and a dog-friendly office, they offer the opportunity to be at the ground floor of a fast-growing startup with fun, smart, customer-driven people transforming the world of real estate investment.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.