Our independent agency company, InsuraMatch (www.insuramatch.com) is looking to hire a versatile Software Engineer to work on a variety of application development projects including acquisition targeting, retention modeling projects, predictive analytics, call routing, data architecture, and in-depth data analyses. In this role, you will have a direct impact on the growth of this business and interact with senior executives and be part of a team driving the profit and customer growth of this growing insurance agency.
- Actively participate as a member of the InsuraMatch team in collaborating, conceiving and developing scalable, performant, secure solutions
- Support and contribute to the improvement of the development process
- Detail orientation - attention and desire to work on large data "crunching" projects.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and a proven ability to communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Creative thinker with the ability to synthesize information from various sources and apply that information to concrete business problems.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 4+ years of active development work
- Familiar with Insurance product and services
- Experience in UNIX/Linux or Windows environments
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined challenges through strong problem-solving abilities
- Must be able to work within a team that is developing and evolving its policies and processes with its maturing business and platform
- Hands-on attitude, detail oriented and a willingness to get things done
- Desire to always expand and improve your skill-set
- Self-starter, seeking out new and creative ways to do things
- Can work both independently and as part of a team.
- Deep experience with LAMP platforms
- Experience with PHP and Laravel framework
- Experience with Node.JS and associated frameworks such as Express or AngularJS
- Experience with REST and SOAP API design and development
- Experience with developing SIP and WebRTC multimedia applications
- Expertise with MySQL relational databases
- Demonstrated skill with document oriented databases, such as Cassandra or MongoDB
- Experience with AWS computing services including EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS,
- DynamoDB, S3 and Glacier
- Experience in fast paced agile development working model
- Experience with test-driven development and/or behavior-driven development
- Experience in UI technologies and frameworks
- Experience with Git
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery