Niantic's Engineering Team is seeking a Software Engineer to build the server infrastructure that supports the hosted AR/Geo platform underpinning projects such as Pokémon GO, Ingress, and Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, and our wide slate of future titles built on this platform. You will work on real-time indexing, querying and aggregation problems at massive scales of hundreds of millions of events per day as well as encapsulating those technologies behind easily understood, well-organized APIs to democratize development of planet-scale AR experiences.
- You will design, implement and document server-side APIs for planet-scale concurrent networking, multiplayer gameplay and massive datastores in Java.
- You will build robust, low-latency, scalable systems that support Niantic's products.
- You will collaborate with other specialists, product managers, and other departments to ensure code meets internal standards.
- You will perform load testing, participate in code reviews, write unit tests, and conduct troubleshooting to ensure stable platform releases to internal and external customers.
- You have a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or a related technical field.
- You have experience engineering scalable, real-time multiplayer or cloud-based server systems or APIs.
- You have experience with NoSQL datastores, networking or utilizing compute infrastructure on hosting providers, such as Google Cloud, Azure or AWS.