Forge is the platform and systems engineering team at Rubrik. Our mission is to develop a highly reliable and scalable software defined platform that radically simplifies building, deploying, and managing on-premise, virtual, and cloud-based appliances.
We design the appliance platform and build the core infrastructure for Operating System, Networking, Clustering, and Deployment. In addition, we provide common infrastructure services encompassing system monitoring, system management, cluster management, and data migration. All of these serve as the backbone for powering Rubrik’s industry leading Data Protection and Data Management solutions.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Take full ownership of projects from design to implementation, test and deployment
- Design, develop, and deliver Hardware and OS abstraction for Rubrik CDM software services
- Assess the reliability of the Linux system stack and create new features to enhance the error handling and performance in Rubrik product stack
- Design, develop and operationalize high performance, scalable, reliable and resilient system infrastructure level services
- Diagnose and resolve problems in complex customer environments
- Computer Science graduate with strong problem-solving abilities
- Strong fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems design
- Strong background in Systems programming
- Programming and debugging knowledge in C++, Java, Scala
- Extensive experience with Linux kernel or equivalent, and kernel debugging
- 5+ years of relevant experience in developing enterprise software
- Strong interest in learning new technologies, solve complex problems and challenges
- Knowledge in Storage, Filesystems or Data Protection technologies is a plus