Nuro is a robotics start-up whose mission is to accelerate the benefits of robotics for everyday life. We have an elite team of entrepreneurs and engineers, designers, and scientists. We believe AI and robotics are at the cusp of transforming daily life and we are dedicated to building meaningful products with this technology. Join us and play a critical role in our mission.
About the Role
Our robotics team is growing and we are looking for a robotics software engineer to work on planning. In this impactful role, you will collaborate with a best-in-class team of engineers to tackle hard problems and help advance the future of robotics to improve everyday lives.
About the Work
- Research and develop novel algorithms that solve the most challenging and exciting motion planning problems in autonomous driving, including behavior planning, trajectory optimization, planning under uncertainty, and combining data-driven techniques with traditional model-based methods
- Collaborate closely with engineers across prediction, perception, machine learning, mapping and localization, autonomy systems, and infrastructure
- Write robust, production-ready software to make our vehicle safe and predictable in complex driving scenarios
- PhD in Computer Science, mechanical/aerospace engineering, electrical engineering, robotics or 2+ years of related industry experience.
- Proven ability to collaborate within and across teams
- Demonstrated effective communication skills and ability to articulate ideas and timelines to cross-functional groups
- You also have at least one of the following:
- Research experience in one of: behavior planning, planning under uncertainty, trajectory optimization, computational geometry, model predictive control, probabilistic robotics, optimal control, machine learning (preferably applied to behavior or motion planning)
- Experience designing, implementing, and refining novel planning or machine learning algorithms on real-world robot platforms
- Strong C++ programming skills, algorithms and data structures knowledge, and software design experience
- Strong math (geometry, analysis, probability), physics (kinematics, dynamics), and analytical skills