Our robotics team is growing and we are looking for a robotics software engineer to work on planning. In this impactful role, you will collaborate with a best-in-class team of engineers to tackle hard problems and help advance the future of robotics to improve everyday lives.
About the Work
- Research and develop novel algorithms that solve the most challenging and exciting motion planning problems in autonomous driving, including behavior planning, trajectory optimization, planning under uncertainty, and combining data-driven techniques with traditional model-based methods
- Collaborate closely with engineers across prediction, perception, machine learning, mapping and localization, autonomy systems, and infrastructure
- Write robust, production-ready software to make our vehicle safe and predictable in complex driving scenarios
- PhD in Computer Science, mechanical/aerospace engineering, electrical engineering, robotics or 2+ years of related industry experience.
- Proven ability to collaborate within and across teams
- Demonstrated effective communication skills and ability to articulate ideas and timelines to cross-functional groups
- You also have at least one of the following:
- Research experience in one of: behavior planning, planning under uncertainty, trajectory optimization, computational geometry, model predictive control, probabilistic robotics, optimal control, machine learning (preferably applied to behavior or motion planning)
- Experience designing, implementing, and refining novel planning or machine learning algorithms on real-world robot platforms
- Strong C++ programming skills, algorithms and data structures knowledge, and software design experience
- Strong math (geometry, analysis, probability), physics (kinematics, dynamics), and analytical skills