SkyBitz is the leading remote asset tracking and information management service provider, specializing in real‐time decision-making tools for companies with unpowered assets. We are currently looking for a Software Engineer to support our Petroleum Logisitcs division.
SkyBitz Petroleum Logistics maximizes efficiencies and brings true competitive advantages to fuel and lubricant distributors. SMARTank and SMARTruck come together to create a powerful platform for petroleum distributors that automates the order and dispatch process while providing direct links to their back office accounting systems. Customers worldwide leverage the professional services and seamless solutions provided by SkyBitz Petroleum Logistics.
The Software Engineer will design, code, and unit test applications for mission-critical enterprise software. In addition, will develop services to integrate applications with various third-party accounting systems. This position is located in Fort Fill, SC.
- Work with customers to capture requirements, develop, and test custom code for back office accounting integration
- Architect and design applications for mission-critical enterprise software
- Analyze existing code to identify defect, troubleshoot root cause, recommend and implement resolution
- Provide guidance and mentor other Engineers with respect to code standards, quality, and schedule awareness
- Work with Product Verification Testing to develop test plans and review testing results
- Advise and monitor new installation and software updates of applications on customer servers
- Attend planning sessions for new products and projects
- Take a leadership role in various application initiatives
- Interaction on a daily or weekly basis with other functional groups to include product management and customer experience
- A Bachelors degree in EE, Computer Science or Mathematics or equivalent is required.
- Detailed understanding of relational database modeling and design concepts (e.g. keys, indexes, triggers, stored procedures and clustering).
- 5+ years database management using MS SQL platforms
- 5+ years designing and developing applications using .Net C#, VB6. VB.net, SSIS, SSRS
- 3+ years writing Web Services preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What SkyBitz Corporation offers
- A culture that promotes empowerment and responsibility
- A challenging and rewarding career
- Annual bonus program recognizing individual performance
- Excellent benefits