Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation’s most important work. We are a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves—to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways—not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta’s talented and robust workforce—14,000 strong—stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let us make an impact together.
Perspecta has an immediate need for a Software Engineer
– in Raleigh, NC, St. Louis, MO, San Mateo, CA, Wilkes Barre, PA, Eagan, MI.
- Under general direction, conducts or participates in multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems software.
- Determines computer user needs; advises hardware designers on machine characteristics that affect software systems such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
- Designs, develops, and provides customization of various applications to meet a series of pre-defined requirements to be met through the use of various programming languages and possibly machine and assembly languages. Performs all functional duties independently. Works on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of assigned program(s).
- Oversees the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or is responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
A degree from an accredited College/University in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline is preferred.
- A minimum of ten (10) years experience in software development and/or related field.
- Able to perform all functional duties independently on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of a given program.
- Able to oversee the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
- Experience training/mentoring less experienced personnel.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with designing, developing, implementing, and utilizing information systems.
- Extensive experiencecollaborating with equipment designers and hardware engineers to optimize the interaction of system and application software with the hardware platform on which it executes.
- Extensive experience developing compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
- Extensive experiencecollaborating with end users to define new system requirements.
- Extensive experience with one or more application software languages (e.g. Java, C#, etc) and/or one or more machine/assembly languages.
- Extensive experience providing customization of software applications to meet pre-defined requirements through the use of application programming languages and/or machine/assembly languages.
- Excellent communication skills.