Pedigree Technologies is growing. Every day we have more data, more users and more software to build. Today we need more Software Engineers, a lot more. The people we have are smart, reliable and fun to work with.
As a Software Engineer you will be responsible for taking our award winning applications to the next level. You will work on a small team of other Software Engineers, QA Engineers and Product Owners. The team works alongside other teams to build an awesome suite of applications. Most of the development will be done using Java Applications.
This entry level position which allows an individual to gain experience working independently and contributing to a development project by designing, developing and installing software solutions. Must have a handle on good software design, a knack for solving difficult problems in complex multi-component systems, and an interest in learning new things. Must be happy in a highly team-oriented environment where collaboration between developers and across teams is common; where giving and receiving of feedback actively encouraged.
What you'll be doing:
- Contributing to a software development project by developing new code or maintaining existing code.
- Documenting and demonstrating solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Preparing and installing solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards and programming.
- Working under immediate supervision and you will rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the actions of the job.
- Updating your job knowledge by studying state-of-art development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional organizations.
- Providing information to the team by collecting, analyzing and summarizing development and service issues.
- Assist the team in accomplishing engineering and organizational mission by completing related results as needed.
- Developing software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Working collaboratively with others to achieve team success.
- You will be responsible for demonstrating the company's Core Values at all times and to continuously work to improve effectiveness, efficiency, products, and services. This includes, but is not limited to, participating on improvement teams, recommending and implementing improvement ideas, and participating in training and other activities to keep up to date on processes, information, etc.
- Performing other miscellaneous duties relating to the project as directed by a supervisor.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred (Computer Science or related field preferred)
- 0-3 years developing Java Applications in a professional setting.
- Knowledge of basic Java EE development preferred.
- Working knowledge of SQL.
- Basic understanding of object oriented concepts.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Basic understanding of version control and unit testing preferred.
- Experience using Eclipse preferred.
- Good computer skills in either Windows or Linux.
- Ability to self-manage and work independently.
- Basic knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within their position.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must be available for on call outside of Pedigree Technologies regular business hours.