This role is responsible for designing and delivering the software that drives ESI’s leading-edge manufacturing systems. The successful candidate will join a multi-disciplinary team of engineers focused on developing cutting edge technology in a fast-paced and technically challenging environment. Responsibilities will include application level programming, algorithm development, low-level machine control, user interface design, and system-level integration. ESI rewards talent with opportunity, and the successful candidate’s impact will grow as rapidly as they do.
· Proficient in one or more object-oriented software development languages (C++ / C# / Java).
· Experience with .NET application development and Visual Studio.
· Logical and analytical problem solving skills.
· Foundation in algorithm design and analysis.
· Familiarity with industrial hardware (motors, sensors, etc).
· Experience designing software for embedded systems is a plus.
· Experience with user interface development is a plus.
· Experience with unit testing is a plus.
· Familiarity with GIT revision control is a plus.
· International travel is required although not frequent (<10%).
Education and Experience
· Bachelor's or Master's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline.
· 1+ years of experience developing software for hardware.
Special Skills and Abilities
· Works with integrity and ethically and is able to inspire the trust of others.
· Track record of good academic performance.
· Fundamental Engineering Knowledge (basic physics, calculus, problem solving).
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to travel to internationally sometimes on short notice in support of ESI system installations.
· Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, high tech environment.