This role can be remote or based in one of our office locations.
In this position, you will be a member of a small, focused team building one of Packet’s many core services and offerings. You will be a key contributor who’s comfortable maintaining an existing service or helping to launch a new microservice.
What you’ll be doing:
- Deeply care about technology, your craft and about the success of your teammates and the company. Have strong intrinsic motivators to help drive self-improvement.
- Build out components in an iterative and continuous deployed to production model.
- Believe in a DevOps culture where you care about how your service behaves and functions in production.
- Contribute on key technology decisions such as languages, frameworks, tooling needed to run in production and at scale.
- Strive to be an embodiment of our core values and behaviors
What we’ll expect from you:
- At least 2 years of professional experience developing and deploying production level services
- Familiarity with SaaS products utilizing agile practices and frameworks such as Rails, Phoenix, Django, MEAN or microservices equivalent such as Go and API gateway/gRPC
- Skilled on at least one language and framework and have an understanding of pragmatic technology choices
- Excellent communication skills internally and externally
- (Preferred) Experience with breaking apart a monolith into microservices, including switching languages and/or frameworks
- (Preferred) Familiarity with DevOps tooling such as Rancher, Terraform, Kubernetes.
- (Preferred) Understanding of data center, server and network infrastructure.
- Ruby on Rails, Golang, Python, Bash
- Postgres, Prometheus, Logstash
- Drone, Coveralls, Quay.io
- Docker, Terraform, Rancher, Docker, Nomad, Saltstack, Vault, Consul
- Slack, GitHub, Jira, Trello
- NewRelic, Rollbar, Grafana, Kibana
- (Near) Continuous, Aligned, Development and Deployment
Packet, an Equinix company, is the leader in automated bare metal. We focus on making infrastructure a competitive advantage for the world’s leading digital businesses by pairing developer-friendly bare metal with a trusted ecosystem of networks, software, and partners.
Packet helps customers take advantage of Equinix’s unmatched geographic reach in 55+ global markets, 340k+ interconnections between over 1800+ networks, and a neutral approach with automation that creates a trusted, friction-free experience. As part of Equinix, our mission is to protect, connect, and power the digital world with physical infrastructure that moves at software speed.