Assignment: The candidate will work as a member of a team which designs and develops software in order to implement large scale open architecture distributed / cloud-based data processing, analysis, and artificial intelligence (AI) projects. They will utilize Agile development methodology which may include web-based front and back end development. The candidate must be experienced in software design, development, integration, testing, documentation, and maintenance. Work will be executed primarily in Java in a mixed Windows/Linux environment using open source and custom software stacks.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Candidate will have a BS plus 1 year of experience. The academic degree will be in Computer Science, ElectricalEngineering or a related field. Experience in lieu of education will be considered.
- The candidate must have expertise with Java development, tools and common design patterns.
- Candidate having experience in innovative applications is especially useful.
- Candidate will have the following basic qualifications:
- Experience developing distributed and cloud-based systems and services
- Experience developing RESTful and/or SOAP based web services
- Experience in applying skills in innovative, cutting edge applications
- Web application server development using Tomcat or other servlet containers
- Strong object-oriented development skills
- XML technologies including XSDs, XPATH, XSLT, and parsing, storage, and search of XML using open source and custom libraries
- Experience with modern development tools such as Eclipse, maven, git, github, JIRA, Confluence (or other Wiki technology) Jenkins, Puppet, etc
- Work well with in a fast moving, small team environment
Preferred Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Candidate should have experience developing scalable architectures in a cloud environment.
- Candidate should have knowledge of full software lifecycle automation and testing tools in a DevOps environment.
- Candidate should have expertise in high performance multi-threaded applications.
- Candidate should have experience with at least one nosql databasetechnology.
- Candidate should have familiarity with BigData technologies such as Hadoop, Cassandra, HBase, Storm, Kafka, Spark or Zookeeper.
- Candidate should have familiarity with standard SQL databases and JDBC.
- Candidate should have experience developing artificial intelligence, machine learning, or deep learning applications.
- Candidate should have front end development using AJAX, jQuery, Angular, Bootstrap, HTML, CSS, CSS3.
- Candidate should have solid understanding of Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Candidate should have expertise in modern software design patterns and frameworks (Spring, Hibernate, etc.).
- Candidate should have Unix shell or perlscripting capability.
- Candidate should have knowledge of securing distributed services using PKI methodologies.
- Candidate should have experience with commercial cloud environments such as AWS or Azure.
- Candidate with existing DoD security clearance and domain specific knowledge in sensors, image processing, and NATO STANAG standards a plus.
Limited travel may be required.