Software Engineer or Senior Software Engineer – Norwood, MA
Instron is a global organization that designs, manufactures, sells and services materials testing systems. Instron is a division of ITW, a clear global leader in materials testing applications and its leadership in the marketplace is continually expanding. You will find that our established strength, commitment to our core values and team focus provides an engaging work environment and offers exceptional opportunities for personal and career development.
As an industry leader in materials testing, Instron is looking for Software Engineer to work in our R&D group on our flagship Bluehill software. Bluehill, a Windows desktop application, is designed with a layered architecture with layers for user interface, business logic, and hardware interface. The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Working primarily on the business logic and user interface layers, written in C#. Bluehill has a layered architection. It is multi-threaded, handling real-time asynchronous communications.
- Enhancing Bluehill capabilities as well as maintaining and fixing bugs in the released product.
- Traveling occasionally but not frequently, domestically and internationally.
- 1-3 years software engineering experience
- Knowledge of C++, Multi-threading, C#, WPF
- Familiarity with materials testing or other engineering discipline
- Willingness to learn and adopt the ITW toolbox principles
- Agile team player
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills