$100K - $150K(Ladders Estimates)
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Software Engineer based out of Colorado Springs, CO.
What You'll get to Do:
Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems Sector organization is seeking applicants for a position that will support the software development effort associated with a sensor sustainment and development contract, which includes:
· Working as a member of a SW team to provide engineering solutions, including emergency/urgent depot-level maintenance requests, software version releases, and SW tool enhancements.
· Participation in requirements derivation, analysis, system/software design, technical milestone review development/delivery, software implementation including static code analysis, unit-level software testing and documentation. Support to system integration, contractor developmental test and evaluation and Government force deployment evaluation.
· Fulfilling engineering and technical assistance for operational site personnel.
· Rapid software defect root cause analysis and solution development.
· Position will require up to 25% travel.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
This requisition may be filled at either a Software Engineer or Principal Software Engineer level.
· For a Software Engineer: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline with 2 years or more of professional experience; a Master's degree in a related discipline; or 6 years of related work experience in lieu of a degree.
· For a Principal Software Engineer: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline with 5 years or more of professional experience; a Master's degree in a related discipline and 3 years of experience; or 9 years of related work experience in lieu of a degree.
· Candidate must have hands-on development experience for OO/C++ applications in a UNIX/Linux platform environment.
· Understanding of static code analysis.
· Position requires U.S. Citizenship
· Must have a DoD Secret security clearance
· Familiarity with Missile Defense, Missile Warning and Space Situational Awareness missions.
· Familiarity with mission level processing of phased array radars such as signal processor, multi target trackers, and scheduling.
· Experience with SW development tools to include task tracking, software repositories, continuous integration and automation.
· Familiarity with Agile development processes to include DevOps processes, test driven development, as well as have good written and communication skills.
· Computer systems architecture, Red Hat and SGI NUMA-link experience
· Familiarity or experience with UML, or SYSML.
· Familiarity or experience with Fortify, and SonarQube.
Valid Through: 2019-11-12