NRG is the leading integrated power company in the U.S., built on the strength of our diverse competitive electric generation portfolio and leading retail electricity platform. A Fortune 500 company, NRG creates value through best-in-class operations, reliable and efficient electric generation, and a retail platform serving residential and commercial businesses. Working with electricity customers large and small, we implement sustainable solutions for producing and managing energy, developing smarter energy choices and delivering exceptional service as our retail electricity providers serve almost three million residential and commercial customers throughout the country.
Will design, develop, test, maintain and enhance websites and application software programs for the retail energy sector.
Will interface with users in order to determine requirements and deliver quality software which exceeds their expectations. Must have a strong desire to deliver well-designed and tested software.
- Follow the Team's Scrum / XP / TDD development techniques. Be adaptable to change.
- Ensure the development of test automation in order to test a group of related functionality.
- Collaborate with team members to identify and prioritize/reprioritize work when necessary.
- Develop strong working relationships with individuals at all levels of the company
- Remain abreast of current technologies and best practices as applicable to NRG.
- Regularly report status and raise issues/risks as appropriate. Anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks while eliminating roadblocks within control.
- Use appropriate change control procedures for implementing software enhancements.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant business discipline from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent work experience is preferred, though not required.
- No minimum experiencerequired, but demonstrated ability to code at a basic level is required. Demonstrated development experience on an open source project would be a plus.
Role Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic understanding of Python and/or PHP Development
- Basic understanding of SQL and Relational Database technology. PostgreSQL, MySQL, or MS SQL Server, preferred.
- Interest in testing software all the way from unit testing to system testing to integration testing.
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS), in particular EC2, EBS, S3, and SQS.
- Basic knowledge of version control software, git preferred.