Novus is an innovative company that is changing the way the world invests. We are a high growth, disruptive technology firm bringing big data analytics to the alternative investment industry.
Our platform enables investors to consistently maximize their performance potential through discovery of true investment acumen and risk, proprietary industry insights and expertise, and effortless data management and enlightenment.
Software is a foundational component of our business and we only hire the best. We are seeking energetic developers with an eye for scalable, elegant code and a passion for continuous learning.
We operate in an industry in which over $120 Trillion is invested annually on behalf pension / endowment / sovereign funds, and private investors / family offices.
And yet, the lack of data intelligence and insight results in much of that money being invested based purely on historic track record, with little transparency into performance acumen and / or risk management.
This is our challenge and our purpose: to help investors make better investments. And in doing so, we aim to provide the single network on which trusted professionals will engage, promote, and manage their business. In short, we want to help the world invest better. And we need you.
You will report to one of our VPs of Engineering, and be based in Austin.
You will play a pivotal role in one of our many small development teams. You will work within a moderntechnology stack, autonomously and collaboratively, to make tangible impact for our clients.
Responsibilities will include:
- Transforming product vision into composable and scalable architecture
- Implementing complex systems, in short iterations, that delight our customers.
- Developing deep expertise in portfolio analysis and the alternative investment industry
- Enhancing and re-imaginning core infrastructure components to increase stability and speed
- Growing your software development skills using Functional and Object Oriented principles
We're looking for people who are smart, humble, and care deeply about our mission.
Our culture is critical to us. It’s how we push ourselves every day to do better than the day before. We expect our team members to deliver on their responsibilities, understand how each and every component of our company works to generate success, and hold themselves and their colleagues accountable to the highest standards.
As a result, we will enjoy talking to you if:
- You are challenged and fulfilled by interesting and difficult problems and expect the same from colleagues.
- When uncomfortable with the status quo you push to drive change.
- You have a thirst for learning; strong history of skill improvement and learning new technologies.
- You love to build things in your free time and contribute to the open source community.
- You are smart, ambitious, supportive, and inspire others to fulfill their potential.
- You can own challenging problems from inception to production.
- You write correct, robust, performant, scalable and readable code.
- You approach problems with a logical mindset and deliver systematic solutions.
- You articulate complexity in linear, digestible, audience-appropriate language.
- 2+ years post graduate experience working in small, high growth dev teams.
- A mature interest in finance coupled with an understanding of portfolio theory and market dynamics.