Job Duties and Responsibilities
2. Develop software APIs/SDKs for industrial controllers.
3. Develop embedded software for microprocessors and microcontrollers.
4. Determine hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
5. Influence coding conventions and software development standards within the company.
6. Plan and coordinate several small projects; make decisions independently.
Education and Experience
1. Bachelors of Science in Engineering or other technical field.
2. Minimum 4 years of related experience.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
1. Knowledge of communications protocols such as CAN, RS485, TCP/IP, MODBUS, Profinet, EthernetIP
2. Experience with socket-based communication with other processes / systems strongly preferred.
3. Knowledge of Industrial Automation machines or standards.
4. Experience with developing automated unit testing.
5. Experience with developing within real-time operating systems.
7. Experience with communication over Web Services.
8. Experience with device discovery (SSDP).
9. Experience storing and retrieving data from SQL database.
10. Experience in development and management of data aggregation, databases and web servers.
11.Experience with version control tools.
12. Agile / Scrum / XP development best practices.