C.H. Robinson has an entrepreneurial culture that promotes creativity, personal initiative, team collaboration and fun. The successful applicant will be a creative, self-motivated individual, capable of working in a team environment, and on multiple projects at once. We need this person to contribute ideas to continually improve our software development processes and standards, and to keep up to speed with emerging software development technologies. Applicants should have excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to work in a high-paced environment.
- Work closely with business analysts to define, estimate, and design solutions for complex software development projects
- Lead development teams in implementing new software products. Develop enhancements to existing products
- Identify risks and issues during projects and communicate them to leadership appropriately
- Work cross-team to introduce new technology and refine our development standards and processes.
- Mentor and guide junior level engineers, performing code reviews and pair programming.
- Write quality code that integrates with our existing systems. Help ensure junior developers do the same.
- Deliver and promote software development best practices such as test driven design, continuous integration and continuous integration
- Maintain the integrity of application architecture.
- Continually improve and refactor legacy components to evolve into our modern target architecture
- Maintain knowledge of emerging technologies
- Participate in the scrum development process. Contribute to stand ups, sprint planning, reviews and retrospectives
- DevOps experience and mentality - you will be deploying, supporting, and troubleshooting the code that you write
- 5-7+ years software engineering experience
- Proven experience creating RESTful services and APIs using Node.js and XML or JSON that are low latency, high-availability, and secure
- Strong experience with OO design, design patterns and SOLID Principles
- In-depth experience with relational database technology including schema design, stored procedure development and SQL queries. SQL Server preferred.
- Proven track record of effectively delivering results in a fast paced environment while managing multiple priorities
- Proficient with Git, or comparable distributed version control system. Experience working on large-scale open source or inner source software development projects is a plus
- Knowledge of CI/CD utilizing Jenkins and Octopus a plus
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in test and/or behavior driven development
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in Agile/Scrum methodologies
- A minimum of 1 year of experience with continuous integration / continuous deployment practices
- Previous experience creating RESTful services and APIs in C#/.NET is a plus
- Previous experience in transportation, logistics, order management and/or financial systems is a plus
- Solid interpersonal communication and collaboration skills are required
- Undergraduate degree in computer science/software engineering and/or equivalent work experience.