Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity?Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Software Engineer – New Grad to join our team in Ottawa, Ontario Canada (9010). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Rockwell Collins Canada is a world leader in wireless communications networking, with products such as high-data-rate HF/VHF/UHF modems and the Self Configuring Relay Network (SCRN) for ad-hoc wireless networks. Rockwell Collins Canada is developing the next generation of HF radios that support significant throughput improvements and ad-hocnetworking features, as well as developing Software Defined Radio networking waveforms for customers around the world. We are in need of enthusiastic and creative people to join our team in Ottawa. This role is one of an individual contributor, working under direction of technical leadership.
Applies a systematic, disciplined, quantifiable approach to the construction, analysis, or management of software. Uses independent judgment to make decisions in day-to-day job responsibilities the majority of the time under general supervision.
- Participate in definition, specification and design of software features;
- Work in a team and individually to develop software according to design and customer requirements;
- Perform integration and test procedures and create reports for product compliance;
- Participate in the on-going support of applications and products, both in-house and with clients.
- Apply knowledge: Product domain, Requirements, Design, Development, Test and Release software processes, tools, methods and coding best practices with primary emphasis on software design and development.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to incorporate the appropriate RC processes and tools into product development, resulting in increased product quality and improving customer satisfaction.
- Design, code, integrate, regression test, test and document software in areas such as: software problem reports, change requests, software components, and software test scripts.
- Perform software debugging using appropriate techniques and tools.
- Performs in cross-functional team efforts in integration, verification and validation for products and sub-systems.
- Provides engineering estimates for own work on tasks similar to those previously performed.
- Contribute to software engineering requirements capture, analysis and creation for well-defined software designs.
- Individual job duties may vary.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
- CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP – must either hold or be eligible for a Government of Canada Secret Level Security Clearance and Controlled Good Access
- Sound skills in C/C++ and real-time embedded computer architectures;
- Software development experience in Linux operating systems
- Familiarity with networking and wireless communication protocols
- Integrated Development Environments such as Eclipse and Visual Studio;
- Version Control Systems such as git;
- Object Oriented programming skills;
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written;
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills;
- Knowledgeable in networking and wireless communication protocols such as TCP, RTP, VoIP
- Knowledgeable in the software life cycle including definition, requirement analysis and design, implementation, validation and support.
- Good team working ability and self-motivated with a desire to learn.
- Relational databaseexperience would be an asset.
Requisition ID: 8033