Rockwell Collins is established as the premier military GPS solutions provider. Hiring talented and motivated software engineers is key to our company’s success. We are currently searching for a Software Engineer to join our Airborne GNSS Software Team in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. This person will have the opportunity to drive innovative design and development of our next generation Navigation Products, as well as train alongside influential industry experts in the field of Navigation. Relocation to Cedar Rapids is required. Relocation assistance is available for qualified candidates.
This Software Engineer will be a part of a cross-functional team responsible for designing, developing, and testing current and future generations of airborne GPS (Global Positioning System) receivers. This position offers abundant opportunities to acquire in-depth knowledge of GPS technology and receiver architecture, and to apply that knowledge in a team environment to continuously improve and enhance our GPS receiver performance.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the ability to perform in all phases of the software engineering life cycle including requirements analysis, software design, software implementation, software integration and test, and software documentation. Candidates should be knowledgeable and skilled with a variety of software development environments and test tools.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM program including Computer Science OR other bachelor degree in a STEM program (including Computer Science) that included 12 semester (or 18 quarter) credit hours in mathematics, including differential and integral calculus and applied mathematics and 10 semester (or 15 quarter) credit hours in natural science (biology, chemistry, earth sciences) including physics is required by December 2018.
- Applicant must be capable of obtaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Software engineering experience with embedded processes
- Experience with formal software development processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong teamwork skills
- Technical aptitude and professionalism
- A genuine desire to learn and innovate
The successful candidate should have experience or coursework in electrical, computer, or software engineering, should have a solid understanding of software development methodologies, and should have experience and coursework in at least one software language. Experience with requirement and change management tools is desirable. Proficiency in software development using Ada, C/C++, C#, or Jovial in an embedded application environment is also desirable. Experience with Linux kernel development, Linux device drivers, or the creation of software applications using Qt is desirable. A working knowledge of Agile software development, Information Assurance, and Software Assurance is advantageous.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Requisition ID: 9983