Micro Focus is the 7th largest pure play Software Company in the world providing customers with a best-in-class portfolio of enterprise-grade scalable software with analytics built-in. Micro Focus puts customers at the center of its innovation and builds high quality products that customers can rely on and its teams can be proud of.
Micro Focus are focused in 4 specific solution areas:
- Hybrid IT
- Security and Risk Management
- Predictive Analytics
About the Role
The Host Connectivity team is a close-knit team that uses modern agile development practices to move quickly and focus on what's most important for delivering value. As a member of this team, the Software Engineer designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for software enhancements and new products; will develop software including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools; will determine hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
The Software Engineer
- Codes and programs enhancements, updates, and changes for portions and subsystems of systems software, including operating systems, compliers, networking, utilities, databases, and Internet-related tools
- Executes established test plans and protocols for assigned portions of code; identifies, logs, and debugs assigned issues.
- Develops understanding of and relationship with internal and outsourced development partners on software systems design and development.
- Participates as a member of project team of other software systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for low to moderately- complex products.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
- Typically 0-2 years experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience or understanding of software systems design tools and languages.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of design for software systems running on multiple platform types
- Understanding of basic testing, coding, and debugging procedures
- Good written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.