As an experienced Software Engineer on our team, you will work as part of a truly innovative, fun and growing team responsible for developing, testing and debugging our new Hyper-Converged Infrastructure product. You will focus on new product development and enhancements to existing products.
If you are dedicated to creative problem solving and getting things done, you may be just the person we’re looking for!
What You Will Do:
NetApp SolidFire is actively seeking an experienced Software Engineer to create innovative and highly functional web applications.
- Design, implement and verify features, systems, and subsystems.
- Provide technical leadership and participate in technical decisions.
- Guide and mentor more junior engineers.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities that will contribute towards team, department and company goals.?
Some technologies you’ll be working with may include Python and Go.
Qualified candidates must be self-driven, team-oriented, and have a strong background delivering applications across the full spectrum of web development.
- Experience building complex, efficient web applications
- Use test-driven development to guide implementation
- Experience interacting with and building web APIs (REST, JSON-RPC)
- Linux platform experience (additional OS and/or VMware ESX is a plus)
- Understanding of software frameworks and the ability to pick up new frameworks quickly
- Participate as a proactive contributor and subject matter expert on team projects
- Demonstrate favorable results through coaching and influencing others
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment and individually to meet aggressive goals and high-quality standards
- Experience working in a fast-paced Agile environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- 4+ years of professional software development experience.
Nice to have:
- Experience with containers and VMs in a DevOps environment.
- Experience with network programming/debugging/configuration.
- Experience working with Docker and/or Jenkins as a build and test environment.
- Experience working in Agile/SAFe environments.
- Experience building and debugging enterprise-scale applications.
Typically requires a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related technical field