We are currently seeking a Software Engineer to lead the continued development of the accesso ShoWare API platform. The Software Engineer willwork with management to architect and grow our API platform in order to replaceinternal legacy components and offer external integrations. Additionally, you will be involved with the planning process,working with project managers and upper management to determine the best way forward for improving / maintaining our products. We are looking for detail-oriented candidates who take pride in thoroughly researching the task at hand, communicating openly with peers and management, and testing the heck out of their code before submitting it for review.
- Actively pursue a complete understanding of the ShoWare product.
- Research, Recommend, and Implement patterns and practices for documenting, coding, testing, and deploying platform components.
- Work with engineering and product teams to scope and deliver items of work in a continuous delivery environment.
- Review items of work to ensure adherence to implemented API development practices
- Collaborate daily with product and engineering teams to support and enhance the accesso ShoWare product.
- Serve as the primary contact for API related support issues and assist in resolution.
- Capture and communicate key knowledge across product and support teams.
- Ensure high availability and fault tolerance of API Platform components
- 5+ years of full-time work experience (or demonstrated proficiency) in web software development
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, or equivalent education and experience
- Thorough and intuitive understanding of web application fundamentals such as http, SSL, authentication, load balancing, and security through coding and configuration
- Proficiency in T-SQL and relational database design
- Thorough understanding of http API development (experience with Nancy and Redis is a big plus)
- Additional experience in the following is a plus: Angular JS, jQuery, PowerShell, Web UI Design, TDD, DDD
- Proficiency in integrating with 3rd party services and hardware
You’ll be a great fit if you:
- Enjoy working across the software stack
- Thrive in an environment where code is deployed multiple times per day.
- Test the heck out of your code.
- Can RTFM and RTFS
- Enjoy daily interaction with your team.
- Can courtesy laugh at bad manager jokes.
- Have Mad foosball skills …not really, but yeah really.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary based on experience
- The opportunity to earn an annual company discretionary bonus with the potential for stock options
- Generous Paid Time Off as well as paid Volunteer Time Off
- Health insurance plans, including employer-contributed HSA and employer-paid disability and life insurance.
- Matching 401K
- Unlimited access to Udemy for Business for continued learning and career development
- A flexible work schedule around our core business hours
- You’ll be reporting to the Vice-President of Engineering for accesso ShoWare.
- You must be able to work onsite alongside your other accesso ShoWare team members in our Fresno, California office.
- We are an E-Verify employer. Eligible candidates must be authorized to work in the US without requiring visa sponsorship.
- accesso is a drug-free company.
- This is a full-time, exempt position. No contractors please.