An integral part of the growing Nearpod engineering team, you will have direct impact on the product we build, the product’s architecture, and the scalability of our platform. You will influence our development philosophy and practices while rapidly scaling with Nearpod. You will pair with product managers to visit customers, see Nearpod in active use, and innovate new solutions inspired by those observations.
- Agile. We partner closely with Product and UX and regularly speak with customers, so you will have a role in the product lifecycle from ideation to product discovery to UX to code to testing to deployment. You should look forward to iterating and learning as you participate in Agile, Lean and Continuous Delivery practices.
- Learn. The technology field changes rapidly. As such, you are always a student, learning new technologies, techniques, and architectures as you grow. You will have access to great, experienced engineers, product managers, and UX designers of which you should avail yourself. Additionally, South Florida has a great tech community with regular meetups, hackathons, and courses all of which make wonderful resources for up and coming engineers.
- You’re passionate about building a product that impacts the lives of K-12 students daily
- You have 1-2 years of software engineering experience
- (Preferred) You have an eye for producing high quality software, and have experience developing unit and/or integration tests for your code
- (Preferred) You’ve worked within an Agile environment and are familiar with scrum
- (Preferred) You’re an effective communicator and work well with engineering, product and design teams
- (Preferred) BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field
- (Preferred) Experience working in a distributed team environment
- (Preferred) Experience working with microservice based architectures