You will be part of the vision to enable more people to gain more insights from their data through natural language interactions - ask Tableau a question and see the answer.
As part of the Natural Language team, you will be developing and extending our natural language systems that enable our customers to ask these real world questions to interact with their data.
You will work on developing scalable microservices that integrate natural language technology into Tableau products and provide our customers a new and delightful experience to see and understand data.
We are looking for engineers who love solving hard technical problems and are excited about unlocking the power of interacting with data using a natural language interface.
This is a v1 project that requires a self-starter and someone who is highly motivated and able to come up with robust technical solutions to ambiguous problems. Prior experience or familiarity with natural language processing or machine learning is preferred but not required.
What you'll be doing...
- Design, build, and maintain scalable and robust services
- Participate and contribute in brainstorming, design and architecture sessions
- Collaborate across design, research and engineering to implement the best user experience possible
- Take full ownership of the end-to-end quality of the code deployed to Production
- Mentor others to help them develop their technical and leadership skills
Who you are…
- Experienced. You have 2+ years of experience designing and implementing solutions for complex problems, prior experience launching a v1 product preferred
- Highly Technical. Proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Java, Go, C++ and extensive experience building large scale systems using SOA/microservices
- Curious. You have a passion to continuously expand your areas of expertise, learning new ways to do things and understanding why things are the way they are.
- Relentlessly High Standards. You love building great products. You believe in automation and writing tests as a way of maintaining high quality in your code. You know how to engineer solutions that balance robustness, scalability and performance.
- A True Team Player. You enjoy collaborating with, learning from, and mentoring others. You make the people around you better.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant look-out for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!