There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - North Dakota (US-ND) - Fargo
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Software Engineer - 32648
***NOTE: This posting will fill multiple positions in the following locations: Waterloo, IA; Ankeny, IA; Moline, IL; Cary, NC;Fargo, ND; Coffeyville, KS.***
As a Software Engineer at John Deere, you will be part of a global team of Embedded Software and Electronics developers working to meet the technology demands of our customers. Our Software Engineers work and learn in a Scrum team environment, designing new and innovative solutions. In addition, you will have the opportunity to:
- Design, implement and test software features to support one or many products.
- Develop expertise in critical technology while developing new applications of technology for product development.
- Work in an Agile and Scrum team environment.
- Assist in the resolution of complex technical issues.
- Lead or participate in the team planning process of new products and/or major improvements to existing products.
US Visa sponsorship IS available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- Experience in embedded software development or 2+ years of Product Engineering experience, design or test.
- Model-based software development (MBSD) or software development in C, C++, C# or scripting programming languages.
- Experience with real-time operating systems
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability and experience working in a self-directed mode.
- Strong, demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% (both domestic and internationally.)
What Makes You Stand Out
Other areas of experience or interest that will help us place you on the right team include:
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Experience using MATLAB and Simulink.
- Experience with AUTOSAR.
- Experience with CAN communications protocol and the J1939/ISO11783 standards.
- Technical experience relating to design/diagnostics of mechanical/electrical/hydraulic systems in an automotive or agricultural setting.
Education (or equivalent work experience)
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Computer Science.